Making workforce development more engaging and accessible.
The UCLA Prevention Center of Excellence (COE) promotes interconnection among county agencies and increases training across ecosystems. Educational tools and curricula designed by the COE, help the county workforce reduce re-traumatization, strengthen resilience, and improve the mental health and wellbeing of children, families, and adults within systems of care.
- School Based Community Access Platforms
- Interdepartmental workgroups on trauma informed practices
- Fellowship for Early Childhood Professionals
- LGBTQ+ learning initiatives
- Trauma-responsive and resilience-promoting child welfare systems
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and school staff
- Training, consultation, and coaching to build connected and supportive workplace environments
The COE is pleased to offer a variety of professional development topics that empower our county’s workforce to support wellbeing in our community:
- Trauma and Resilience Informed Care Foundations
- Enhanced Trauma and Resilience Informed Intake
- Maintaining Wellbeing During Trying Times
- Empowering Telehealth Providers
- Helping Youth Manage Stress and Anxiety During Stressful Times
- Recognizing and Challenging Implicit Bias
- Keeping Students Safe: An Overview of Non-Suicidal Self-Injurious Behaviors
- Trauma Sensitive Communication and Building Resilience
How do we prioritize prevention?
Learn about our commitment to overall wellbeing and workforce development.
Explore the DMH + UCLA Wellbeing for LA Learning Center
Download resources, access self-guided courses, and watch videos that support your understanding of prevention and wellbeing.Learn more